Tuesday, February 21, 2012

There's hope.

Lately, I've been thinking about spring.  It's definitely in the air.  Yesterday, I could even smell it...that freshness that conquers the sadness of winter. 

Although this winter has been particularly mild, it was still winter.  There is really not much good about winter, except for snow, in my opinion.  Since we had a paucity of this white wonder, this winter was particularly gray.  The grass was never covered by a white blanket for long, and as I look out of my window as I write this, I notice that the grass is particularly ugly.  I fear that my lawn is suffering from some lack of snow disease.  It looks deader than usual.

Winter can be a depressing time.  In the past, I would use winter as an excuse NOT to exercise.  It was too cold, too snowy, too gray, too depressing to leave my house.  This year I forced myself to exercise, and I will have to say that I feel more hopeful about spring this winter than I ever have.  Exercise has really caused me to be an optimist.  There must be some truth to all of that research on brain chemistry and how exercise can make you feel healthier. 

I have been a miserable failure with my diet.  However, I think that since I have not been a failure with my exercise that I can atone.  Things like delicious meals keep getting in my way of dieting.  But I feel that there is hope.  With spring in the air and with the promise of new beginnings climate-wise, I think I can initiate a better plan diet-wise.  Wish me luck!

Tip of the day:  There's always hope.  So remember that and try to change what you need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment