Saturday, February 4, 2012

The trainer or the car?

Since October, I've been paying a trainer at my gym nearly $400.00 a month to help get me in shape.  My logic was that if I were putting out this amount of money that I would be proportionately motivated to hit it hard!  Well...that was a good thought, but not exactly the best use of $400.00

My trainer is not the problem.  Perhaps the fact that I chose her because she has a German name, Liesl, might give you a clue as to why it has taken me four months to tell her that I no longer need to pay $400.00 a month to be motivated to exercise.  She's really nice, sweet, and a great trainer.  She's  motivated me to do exercises that I had never imagined I could possibly do.  She's encouraged me to keep going, to tough it out, to work through it.  However, $400.00 is  a ton of money.  I now look at money in terms of days of substitute teaching.  That's 5 days...wouldn't I rather spend that cash on something frivolous?

Yes, I did just that.  I bought a new car.  Poor Marv hadn't had a new car since 2006.  Poor me.  I now have a Chevy Cruze.  It gets 42 MPG, and it is pretty darned sporty.  Just the motivation I need to continue to get in shape.  Who wants to see a fat, old lady hoist herself out of a cool car?  Nobody!  Soon there will be a svelte, old lady leaping from that vehicle.

Yesterday I told Liesl that her services were no longer needed and I made a car payment:)! 

Tip of the day:  You're getting in shape for yourself, right?  Do things that make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment